Saturday 22 February 2014

Time for something a little bit different - Crochet

Well today's post isn't about a card or anything paper related.

Over the years I have taught my self to crochet and slowly but surely I've got braver with my projects, at this point I will add I can knit but find it so frustrating as there are so many things to concentrate on and been a left hander it all gets a little muddled, for me anyway.

Well I recently I set myself the challenge of crocheting with cotton, as despite my years of crocheting I haven't been brave enough to use cotton.

The first thing I crocheted was a basic flower using a free pattern I found from Lionbrand.


 I used white cotton for both but coloured one using my trusty promarkers, and I then had the idea of turning these flowers into rings so I crocheted a shank on the back.

I've received loads of comments about this ring and must admit it's so comfortable to wear.

I also used one of my cotton flowers on a challenge card I made as an embellishment

The papers I used for this card are all from a Angie Hinksman digi kit for serif Craft Artist the kit is called Isabel papers 02 I will be blogging how I made this card on another post.


As I had my hooks out again I got to thinking about what I'd like to crochet when I came across a pattern for a cute crochet owl toy click here

I have left off the ears as I ran out of yarn (I was trying to use up scraps)






As I was in the mood for crochet I then decided to look for some more unusual owl patterns and came across one for a crochet cable owl on a hat, so decided to have a go at making one, still not quite happy with it so will be tweaking it on my next version





I added googly eyes to three of the hours and my little boys loves it, if he could have slept in it I think he would have done.

I love to here what you think of my creations, I love to read all your comments I find them so inspirational and a real confidence boost.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous crafting goodies you have made! Love the beautiful flowers
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! what amazing creations
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore those cotton crocheted flowers - have looked on Lionbrand, but can't find a free pattern - have you a link to this??
    I think your little owl is beautiful, and the crochet cable hat with the owl is super too.
    Great projects!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lionbrand app and just searched from there, but from PC I think you have to register which is free and the link is
      http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-rosettes.html

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful creations, Zoe.....I'm mad on crocheting at the moment, and buying yarn like it's going out of fashion.....Youtube have some amazing demo's for flowers too. Love your little flower ring xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning creations all of them xxxx the roses are gorgeous - the owl is so cute and the hat is amazing seen it on your son and its so cool :) love your card too

    hugs Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely creations hun the wee owl is my fave - have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I love crochet too but never get the time, love how you are using the flowers, very pretty! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so go ahead and make my day. Ziggy xxx