Thursday 18 August 2016

Little monsters

Hi it's me again with another simple card.  I saw a similar idea on pinterest and thought I would make my own version.

I started with a 6"x6" card blank
I then added a layer of black that was just slightly smaller than my base card
Next I went to my trusty inkscape and created the shape for the monster ( this basically meant taking a rectangle and adding a semi circle to the top.  I also made various size circles to use for eyes, and then finally some more circles of varying sizes  that i welded together  to make the teeth for the monster.
I scored the largest piece at approx halfway up and matted this onto the black.
I then stuck the teeth to the underside of  flap to give the effect of teeth
To give the eyes dimension cut out and layered up five of the smaller black circles and to give a final dimension covered them in glossy accents.
The glossy accents was also used to add some dimension to the face and body of the lil' monster.

I think you will agree this is a simple but cute card for a girl or a boy.


1 comment:

  1. This is so super fun and really creative!! I love his teeth!! LOL!! Thanks for joining along with us at CCT! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so go ahead and make my day. Ziggy xxx